Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scripture Memory Challenge

At the beginning of the year, I was feeling led by the Lord to start memorizing scripture again.  I put together a website to help myself and others memorize verses by typing them.  First you type a verse while looking at it, then with every other word hidden, then with everything hidden.  It's turned out to be a very effective memorization method.

Now I want to throw out a challenge to all of you Bloggers out there. Join with me in memorizing at least one verse per week for the rest of 2010. That's 52 Verses over the course of a full year. If you want to participate, click below to add the scripture memory display to your side panel, and set it to show the most recent verse you've memorized.




Once you add the side panel display, head over to ScriptureTyper.com to start entering and memorizing your verses. Each time you memorize a new verse, it will become active in your blog's side panel. Others can memorize it with you by just clicking the verse reference.

4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Brett,
Just wanted to leave you a note that I learned about you from "The Simple Wife" blog, and have diligently been using the Scripture Typer ever since. What a great program! Thanks for free access to it. I'm also going to incorporate it into my homeschool memorizations with my daughter when we start back in the fall.

Brett said...

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words! I'm glad you've found the scripture typer site helpful. Joanne is so sweet to mention the site, lots of people have found it because of her blog posts. It's amazing how quickly things spread over the internet. I built the site in January and there are already over 400 members.

Blessings!

Brett

Debbie J said...

This is a great idea! Thanks!

Beverly Dillow said...

Hi Brett, Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I didn't get to it in time for the National Day of Prayer, I am so sorry about that! We had a great meeting on that day!
Love you blog! :)