Thursday, November 17, 2005

Key of the House of David

We have authority in Christ to ask for doors to be opened. The Key of the house of David has been given to Him.

Eliakim = "God raises" or "God sets up"
Hilkiah = "my portion is Jehovah"

Isaiah 22:20-25

"Then it will come about in that day, That I will summon My servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, And I will clothe him with your tunic And tie your sash securely about him. I will entrust him with your authority, And he will become a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. "Then I will set the key of the house of David on his shoulder, When he opens no one will shut, When he shuts no one will open. "I will drive him {like} a peg in a firm place, And he will become a throne of glory to his father's house. "So they will hang on him all the glory of his father's house, offspring and issue, all the least of vessels, from bowls to all the jars. "In that day," declares the LORD of hosts, "the peg driven in a firm place will give way; it will even break off and fall, and the load hanging on it will be cut off, for the LORD has spoken."


Revelation 3:7

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this, "I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name."


Luke 13:23 (The Door of Eternal Life)

And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them, "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. "Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, `Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, `I do not know where you are from.'


Colossians 4:2 (A Door for the Word)

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak.


Revelation 4:1 (A Door to Revelation from Heaven)

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after these things."

No comments: